About Mentorship Program
One of the main goals of PAPANA is to assist and prepare Psychiatry Residency and Fellowship applicants from Pakistan or of Pakistani descent from any part of the world to successfully enter Psychiatry Residency and Fellowship programs in the United States.
The Residency Committee of the Pakistani American Psychiatric Association in North America (PAPANA) is tasked with the matters related to the postgraduate training in psychiatry and its subspecialties in North America. Thus, the committee’s goal is to provide guidance through the application process, facilitate opportunities for mentorship for applicants and trainees and encourage innovative, interactive learning on this platform. Additionally, the team will collaborate with the other PAPANA committees towards these educational goals.
- Providing guidance to psychiatry residency applicants in their pursuit of securing psychiatry residency training in the US.
- To pilot a mentorship program aimed at supporting psychiatry residency applicants during various aspects of their application process.
- Facilitating the opportunities for networking with psychiatry faculty and trainees for psychiatry residency applicants.
- Assisting the psychiatry residency applicants in making a successful transition to postgraduate training in the US.
- Creating and providing an interactive platforms to psychiatry residency applicants for guidance and education regarding residency application process.